Our PreK-4 program is a 5-day a week program from 8:00 AM-3:05 PM. Children must be four (4) years of age on or before September 1st, based on acceptable documentation such as birth certificates, passports, official medical documents, or official documents from other countries.
Our Kindergarten program is a 5-day a week program from 8:00 AM-3:05 PM. Children must be five years of age on or before September 1st, based on acceptable documentation such as birth certificates, passports, official medical documentation such as birth certificates, passports, official medical documents, or official documents from other countries.
Our PreK-4 and Kindergarten programs meet all the requirements for the State of Alabama as well as the requirements for the Diocese of Birmingham. Holy Spirit Regional Catholic School is accredited by Cognia.
Holy Spirit Regional Catholic School will provide a safe, nurturing, and enriched environment by:
- Infusing the Catholic faith in the daily curriculum
- Providing a learning environment filled with active and engaging lessons that are whole group, small group, and one-on-one instructionally
- Promoting the whole child including emotional and social development by encouraging positive peer relationships, manners, and self-discipline
- Building confidence through guided learning and positive role modeling behavior
- Providing opportunities for active play to develop both gross motor skills and fine motor skills
- Utilizing the Wonders curriculum for the foundation of reading and phonics instruction to promote literacy so that students may reach their full potential and be prepared for the future
- Providing a rich curriculum in Math, Reading, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Physical Education, Spanish, and Religion
- Providing opportunities for library time, digital learning, exploratory science, STREAM Lab time, and guidance lessons
Primary Education is designed to ensure the development of students to be lifelong learners. By utilizing their individual talents and abilities, pupils are able to better develop in their cognitive, social, emotional, cultural, and physical skills so that they may reach their full potential and thereby become best prepared for their future educational career.
Holy Spirit utilizes the Wonders curriculum. Wonders states that “the path to success doesn’t look the same for every child – but for every child, literacy is the key to success. Wonders is inspired by the belief that every student can succeed. By providing a comprehensive set of connected resources for all learning…Wonders offers educators the ability to adapt instruction with confidence as students grow. Combining the work of literacy experts with research on social emotional learning, Wonders helps you strengthen skills, bolster learning, and encourage independence, enhancing the important and inspiring work…”